Monday, April 03, 2006

Kim Nalley - "Need My Sugar"



1. September In The Rain
2. At Last
3. Say It Isn't So
4. Nature Boy
5. Need My Sugar
6. I Was Telling Him About You
7. Too Close For Comfort
8. Goin' To New York
9. Our Day Will Come

To listen to samples go to THIS PAGE


In 2003 Kim Nalley took the musical reins firmly in hand by producing "Need My Sugar" (CE Jazz & Blues/City Hall Records) which is now available nationally at all major music stores. It features Etta James' pianist David K. Mathews, the world-class bassist Jeff Chambers and Nocturne Band drummer, Kent Bryson. Both Mathews and Chambers playing featured on several Grammy Award nominated albums including two from this past year. Since its release this year, Need My Sugar" has reached #17 on the American Jazz Countdown Main Stream Jazz Chart. Kim Nalley says, "I think that this CD will appeal to both the jazz and blues crowds. There is something on there for everyone.

Everyone loves the Latin groove on "Nature Boy," I have DJs asking to remix it, "At Last" is just so soulful with Dave Mathews' playing and the jazz numbers just plain swing." Here is what the critics say about the CD "Need My Sugar."

No comments: