Sunday, February 25, 2007

Very Best Of The Song Books: Golden Anniversary Edition (2 CD)

 

In 1956, Ella Fitzgerald's career reached a new height with the release of Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Song Book; the first of eight Song Books produced by Verve founder Norman Granz. Because of the Song Book series, on which she interpreted the finest songs by America's master songwriters, Ella Fitzgerald became known as The First Lady of Song. This two-disc set features the very best of the Ella Fitzgerald Song Books in celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of their launch.

Disc 1
play Night And Day 1. Night And Day
play I Get A Kick Out Of You 2. I Get A Kick Out Of You
play Begin The Beguine 3. Begin The Beguine
play Love For Sale 4. Love For Sale
play My Funny Valentine 5. My Funny Valentine
play The Lady Is A Tramp 6. The Lady Is A Tramp
play Where Or When 7. Where Or When
play Take The 8. Take The "A" Train
play I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good) 9. I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
play It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) 10. It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)
play Cheek To Cheek 11. Cheek To Cheek
Disc 2
play Blue Skies 1. Blue Skies
play 'S Wonderful 2. 'S Wonderful
play Embraceable You 3. Embraceable You
play I Got Rhythm 4. I Got Rhythm
play The Man I Love 5. The Man I Love
play Blues In The Night 6. Blues In The Night
play Over The Rainbow 7. Over The Rainbow
play That Old Black Magic 8. That Old Black Magic
play All The Things You Are 9. All The Things You Are
play Skylark 10. Skylark
play Too Marvelous For Words 11. Too Marvelous For Words
 

Compilation
Selected and Sequenced by Richard Seilel
Supervised by Bryan Koniarz
Mastered by Bob Irwin and Jayme Pieruzzi at Sundazed Studios, Coxsackie, New York
Art Directed by Hollis King
Designed by Isabelle Wong/isthetic
Illustrations by Jim Salvati
Art Production by Olivia Smith
Project Assistance: Sarah Huo

No comments: